And the birthday celebrations continue! I’m not going to lie, the one year anniversary of Junkland came out of no where for me. Especially with it mixing into my big move to Spain. I just can’t grasp the thought that it really has been one whole year. And what a year it has been!
I set my original LIFETIME goals of Junkland pretty high. I wanted to make X amount of money and sell 500 books. As the release date inched closer I got cold feet and changed my goals: X/2 amount of money and 100 books. I ran this decision by one of my good writing buddies and he was furious with me. He told me to go back to my original goals because I was going to accomplish them. So, because of a great friend, I returned to my original goals, thinking it would probably take years to reach them.
The first few months after my release proved me wrong. I exceeded all of my LIFETIME goals for my first book within four months of its release. Here are all the accomplishments from this year:
1. Junkland was featured in several magazines and blogs including Downtown Ramsey Magazine, The Collegiate Times, and Edward Anthony Blog.
2. Over 500 copies of Junkland have been sold throughout the world including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Spain, and Australia.
3. I gave my first author talk at Oak View Elementary School in Maryland.
4. I attended my first writing workshop at the 2018 Chesapeake Writing Workshop in Arlington, Virginia.
5. On February 14th, 2017, Junkland became a bestselling book on Amazon.
6. Junkland was formatted and made available as a paperback, eBook, and soon to be audio book recorded by Paul-Alex.
And with The Lost Soul underway, I can’t wait to see what accomplishments are made in year two! Now that I have accomplished my goals, it’s time to make new ones. In my next post, I will share what future goals I would like to accomplish as an author.
Have you accomplished your goals for this year? Share your response in the comments below!